The Ultimate Saffron Supplements Guide
Saffron supplements are made from the saffron plant. The Crocus sativus flower of this plant is purple in color and it has 3 stigmas which are known as saffron spice. This spice is used all around the world as the most expensive spice because of its growth in particular areas, weather, and limited quantity with a lot of extensive work while it is processed.
What are Saffron supplements?
Saffron is used in cooking as a spice and decorating the means but also it is remarkable in the world of medicine. Saffron supplements have been used for ages for treating many skin diseases and illnesses including mild to moderate depression, weight loss, PMS symptoms, Alzheimer’s disease.
These are the most common uses of saffron supplements but there are some critical illnesses that are now treated completely or treated to reduce the effects with the help of the supplements saffron and other medicines. These illnesses include the treatment of sexual dysfunction, vision loss, allergies, and it is beneficial to minimize the suffering of patients with early-stage cancer proven by research and clinical trials.
Where to buy saffron supplements?
Best saffron supplements in Australia can be found online as well as in physical stores but make sure to buy the naturally produced supplements with no side effects and no chemicals.
You can buy saffron supplements for each of your problems here.
How to take saffron supplements?
A single dose of saffron capsule per day for 8 weeks is advised in normal circumstances for full health benefits. However, if you are experiencing chronic illness then you may take a 15mg saffron capsule twice a day.
For depression, 30 mg of saffron extract daily for 22 weeks is suggested and is now available in supplements that give a visible improvement within a few months.
What are saffron supplements used for?
The benefits of saffron supplements vary and have noticeable improvements in different diseases, all proven by different studies. Some of them are listed below:
- People use saffron supplements for macular degeneration in which the macula (central part of the retina) is affected and results in the loss of central vision. The supplements of saffron can help to increase the blood flow in the retina and help restore and improve visual performance. It is also beneficial for the treatment of cataracts and other eye diseases and maintains eye health.
- It can reduce major depressive symptoms by the bioactive compounds it has like safranin, crocin, and picrocrocin. These compounds balance the levels of dopamine, norepinephrine, and serotonin which eventually gives you relief from anxiety and depression.
- Saffron contains anti-inflammatory properties which give relief in allergic reactions in asthmatic patients and improved severity by supplementation.
- Saffron has proven effects in improving erectile dysfunction in ED patients just after taking the doses for 10 days.
- Saffron is considered a natural source that can balance blood sugar levels in diabetic patients. The antioxidants in it reduce the chance of blood clotting and help the blood transfer easily.
- Saffron supplements are also used in skin glowing and acne treatment as well as repairing hair follicles to promote hair growth.
These are some of the many uses of saffron supplements. A lot of diseases are now getting treated by saffron and other natural herbs and spices that tell how the medical industry is growing and how useful are our natural products rather than chemically processed products.
Remember to use saffron in a moderate amount as high doses of everything comes with a lot of side effects. This article is a guide, please do not use it as a consult for your severe medical issues. Always consult your doctor to get the right treatment.