What is the best seasoning for squid?
All seafood including squid tastes good with quick-cooking and not very hot spices and seasoning like other meat.
Here is the recipe for cooking and seasoning your squid to perfection.
- 2 tbsp of Salt & Pepper Calamari + Saffron spice blend
- 4 small squid, clean and cut into bite-size pieces
- Egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 long red chilies, seeds removed, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- Half a cup of rice flour
- Olive oil or vegetable oil
- Lime or lemon wedges
- Cut, rinse, and dry the squid with a paper towel.
- Combine the Calamari + Saffron seasoning with the rice flour and leave it aside.
- Add 5 cm of oil in a large frying pan over high heat.
- Add the squid in egg whites, dip them completely and then add into the flour mix. Apply the even covering.
- Shake off the excess flour and deep fry the squid in small batches.
- Set the flame on medium heat to cook squid evenly.
- When it turns golden brown in color then take the fried squid out of the pan, drain the oil, and add into a large bowl.
- Fry the spring onions and garlic for a few seconds in the oil, drain on a paper towel and sprinkle in the bowl of squid.
- Mix the calamari or squid with chili and garnish with coriander.
- Add the lemon juice and season with salt and black pepper seasoning if needed and lastly add the saffron threads for adding more color to the serving.
Store the saffron seasoning at room temperature.